Monday, June 13, 2011

Story Orgy Monday - Pedagogy of Affairs

My goodness! It’s hot and steamy here in Texas. I don’t know about ya’ll, but I sure could use a dip in the pool. But, before I do that, I would like to share a little information to help stimulate those dendrites. It is Monday after all. So, we’ll just begin with a tidbit on the definition of pedagogy. Does anyone know? Don’t be shy. Wow…it looks like most of you know. Okay. I’ll only tell those of you who don’t already know.

Pedagogy \ˈpe-də-ˌgō-jē also -ˌgä-, especially British -ˌgä-gē\, according to Merriam-Webster (2011), is a noun; and, can be defined simply as the art, science, or profession of teaching (Merriam-Webster, 2011).

Interesting, huh? Who would’ve thought? Okay…okay. You may be wondering why I’m telling you all this. Well, it just so happens to be part of a story for this week’s Story Orgy (SO) prompt. Yep. That’s right. I found it quite fitting for my story title, Pedagogy of Affairs.

Before time slips away and my tired little brain forgets to share the terrific news, I would like each of you to mark this on your calendars. Save the link in your favorites. I’m so very excited for SO’s very own Hank Edwards. He has a new release, “Plus Ones” at midnight on Tuesday, June 14th! Whooo Hooo! Check it out! The link is http://www.loose-id.com/Plus-Ones.aspx .

Story Orgy wrote prompts this week using the words Teacher, Grocery Store, and Moped. Rest assured that each of my fellow orgiasts had very different ideas on how to use these terms in their stories. Are you ready to find out how I used them? Great! You go right on ahead. I’m going to be right down there *glances down at the juicy picture* checking out the candy man…ermm…man candy. Dammit! I mean EYE candy. See how easily I get distracted? We can thank Story Orgy’s illustration extraordinaire for that *grins wildly*. 





Pedagogy of Affairs

“Is an hour long enough for you to make your trip to the grocery store?” Adam sat on his moped in front of his house, flipping through his smartphone. “I understand. Not a problem. I’ll see you later today then.”

“Talking to yourself again, Mr. Sanger?”

Adam glanced over his shoulder at his neighbor before he pointed to his bluetooth, slipped his phone into his pocket, and swung his leg over the scooter to stand. “Piano lessons this afternoon. I’m just coordinating my day, like any good teacher would.”

Kicking the peg down, Adam propped the scooter on its stand. He turned and squinted into the sunshine to see his dark-haired neighbor, Daniel Salazar, standing just a few feet away, wearing nothing but a bright blue pair of Speedos.

Daniel took two more steps, his hands on his hips, smiling like he’d just won the Nobel Prize. “Adam, I tell you what. It can’t be any later than 9 o’clock in the morning. And you don’t have to give the piano lesson until this afternoon. Why don’t you come over to my place? We can swim and relax by the pool.”

Adam almost choked on the lump that formed in his throat. Fidgeting with his moped keys, beads of sweat popping out all over his forehead, Adam fumbled over his own words. “I really should take care of some other things since I have the time.”

“What’s wrong? You act like you seen a ghost.” Daniel gripped Adam’s shoulder.

With a single squeeze of Daniel’s hand, Adam’s apprehension gave way to fervor.

A feeling of reassurance took over as Adam’s thoughts and body synced in harmonious accord. The rousing deep inside his core seemed to dance on every nerve ending, his embarrassment vanished. “I never learned how to swim. I’m scared of the water.”

“And I can’t play the piano.” A comforting smile washed over Daniel’s face and he held out his free hand. “I’ll make a deal with you. I’ll give you swimming lessons and you can teach me to play piano.”

 “You know what, Daniel?” Adam shook Daniel’s hand to seal the deal. “Just give me a few minutes to change and I’ll be right over.”

Daniel’s finger crooked in the direction of his house. “Just use side gate. I’ll be out back.”

****

Adam opened the rear gate, careful to keep to the patio stones leading toward the pool area. The sun sparkled off the clear blue water, but what captivated him was the sleek body slipping through the calm surface.

Cautiously approaching the edge of the pool, trying not to look even half as nervous as he was, Adam dipped his foot into the water. “You look like you belong in there. Like a dolphin.”

Daniel’s lustrous white teeth contrasted greatly against his glistening tanned body as he chuckled. “I must admit. I feel like a dolphin sometimes too. Come on in. The water feels great.”

“I think I’ll just sit here for a little bit.” Adam eased down on the edge and let his legs dangle in the water, avoiding eye contact as much as possible.

Adam could see Daniel gliding slowly through the water. He felt Daniel’s stare like lasers burning into his skin. Even though only a few seconds had passed, it felt like an eternity. Then Adam felt the slight rise and fall water slapping against his legs, providing evidence that Daniel was near. 

“Adam? Hey, I’m right here. It’s okay.” Daniel’s cool wet hand on Adam’s thigh was as soothing as his voice.  

Adam looked down into Daniel’s tempting hazel eyes and just knew he would melt on the spot. “It’s that obvious, huh?”

“You’re fine, Adam. Wait till I sit at the piano.” Daniel flashed a genuine smile and a reassuring wink, then nodded to the other end of the pool. “Come on. Meet me in the shallow end on the steps.”

Daniel sank below the surface of the water and took off like torpedo.

“Simply amazing.” Adam rose, then went to the steps. He watched Daniel break the top of the water with hardly a splash. The butterflies in Adam’s stomach took flight, but whether it was the man or the water, Adam couldn’t tell.

Daniel sat on the top step and let the pool swallow him from the waist down. Grabbing the bottle of baby oil from the concrete ledge, he continued to coerce Adam into the water. “Sit. You have to get use to the water before I can even think about teaching you to swim.”

Adam took one step into the pool and then another. He sat next to Daniel, once again almost choking on the lump swelling in his throat.

“Baby oil?” Daniel let the bottle float on the water as he slathered a handful onto his shoulders.

“So, that’s how you get so tanned.” Feeling a little more at ease, Adam added a thin layer of his own.
“Let the water be your friend. There’s nothing to worry about. We have plenty of time.” Daniel’s confidence was apparent in more ways than one as his hand skillfully met Adam’s. “Let me help you with that.”

Uneasiness quickly turned into desire and Adam’s icy fear gave way to warm relief, making him feel like melting butter. With each smoothing stroke of Daniel’s hand, Adam felt the stirring in his swim trunks. Adam knew he was out of his comfort zone. And he liked it.  

“Mmmm. That’s nice.” Adam’s throaty groan escaped him without warning. Oh shit, he thought.

Much to Adam’s surprise, Daniel eased his hand even further down Adam’s side, gliding across the tender skin just under his arms. “See? The water’s not so bad.”

Yes, I can get used to this. Adam let his ass slip down to the next step and leaned back, the sun heating his oily skin.

Daniel supported Adam’s head with one hand. Adam’s face was barely out of the water.

Adam felt the sun disappear from his face and he opened his eyes, Daniel’s face merely an inch away. 
Moments before, the smell of chlorine was conjured fear. It now inspired fantasy.

Daniel’s lips met Adam’s and the inkling of control Adam had disappeared. He was enslaved by the intoxicating combination of heat, baby oil, and raging hormones.

Adam knew there was no fighting the bracing authority Daniel held over him, and had no thought of protesting when Daniel coaxed him around face to face. Slipping and sliding across tone bodies, their hands peeled away one another’s only clothing, swimming trunks and Speedos.

Body heat mingled with the coolness of the pool water swirling around them. Adam found himself no longer blinded by the sun, but instead by the infatuation he found in Daniel’s persuasive eyes, passionate touch, and pining lips.    

With one swift lift, Adam was limp and trusting in Daniel’s strong arms as he was carried up the steps of the pool and laid gently on a towel a few feet away.

Adam cupped Daniel’s strong jaw line with both hands and peered wantonly into his teacher’s eyes.

He saw a matching understanding to his own desire there.

Yes. We have plenty of time.

~the end~

Damn the luck! There’s nothing like relaxing at poolside. Are you thinking what I’m thinking? I’m thinking there’ll be a lot of knowledge in these boys’ futures; and, I intend on being there for every single lesson. Guess what? You’re invited! So, come back frequently for prospective installments of Pedagogy of Affairs.

We can’t stop now. There are four more blogs to see. It’s time to see what my fellow orgiasts came up with for their prompt terms. C’mon, jump on over using the convenient links below. Pssssst. It’s kind of like sneaking in through the back door J .




2 comments:

  1. Oh my, swimming lessons in my day were never that hot! I need an iced tea to cool down, stat! Can't wait to read more about Daniel and Adam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start! hope this one turns serial!

    ReplyDelete