Monday, June 6, 2011

Story Orgy Monday - Abiding Love

Time just flew by this week, didn’t it? And it’s already mid-year too! Good thing Story Orgy is here to keep you company and smooth over those rough edges life sometimes hands us *grin*.


This week’s prompt includes the selected terms Nurse, Movie Theater, and Lamppost. Are you ready to see what kind of story I came up with? Well, this week is a bit more romance…I hope you like the sentiment.

Special thanks to Jade Basier for the visual goodness she discovered this week. Mmmmm. Pssst…don’t forget to follow the links at the end of my story. They lead to more Story Orgy goodness.




Abiding Love

“My shift is over at seven. Meet me here and we’ll go straight to the movie theater.” The backside of Jeremy’s hand softly brushed Jonathan’s right cheek while he gazed into his husband’s eyes.

Jeremy couldn’t help but notice Jonathan’s eyes shift to the sinking sun outside the hospital window as he stumbled through his reply. “Yeah, Jeremy, about that…I promised Eric I would cover his shift so he could visit with his ailing grandmother.” 

“But, Jonathan, it’s our-”

Jonathan immediately pressed his index finger to Jeremy’s lips. “Shhhhh. I know, I know.”

Jonathan Kemp to OR. Nurse Kemp to OR.

“Damn it, Jon!” Jeremy’s irritation was accented by the inflection in his voice.

“I gotta go. I’ll meet you in the lounge after the liver biopsy, okay?” Jonathan pressed a soft kiss to Jeremy’s lips before turning away.

“I’ll show him.” Jeremy whispered as he watched Jonathan rush off.

****

 “Suzie, do you still have that movie in the nurse’s lounge?” Jeremy leaned on the counter, giving his best shot at looking innocent.  

“Which one?” Suzie’s curiosity shined in the big blue eyes staring back at him.

“You know...the love story? Beautiful Thing, I think is the name.” Jeremy’s pen tapped his upper lip.

 “Yeah, I have it in my locker. Why? You want to watch it?” Suzie’s eyes glanced up at Jeremy through her lashes. “Help yourself.” She nodded toward her bungee-bound key and smiled. “You know where my locker is.”

“Great! Thanks, sweetie. You’re a doll.” Jeremy kissed Suzie on the cheek and snatched up the key. “I’ll bring it right back.”

Jeremy strolled down the corridor in deep thought. He is always so selfless. It’s no wonder I-

“Hi, Breshears.” Hearing his last name broke the trance Jeremy was in.

“Hello, Dr. Prichard.” Jeremy’s heart pounded in his chest. Oh, God. I hope he doesn’t ask me to work more hours.

Dr. Prichard passed by and Jeremy fist-pumped the air. Yes!

Jeremy ducked into the break room and grabbed the DVD from Suzie’s locker and made his way back to the nurse’s station. “Thanks again, Suzie.” Jeremy laid the key next to the patient’s chart she was writing in. “I’ll return it as soon as I’m done.”

Glancing at his watch, Jeremy skipped a step into a playful trot down the hallway. Entering the nurse’s lounge, he stopped and took in the surroundings. Tapping the DVD case on his leg, ideas flooded Jeremy’s mind. “Aha!”

Jeremy rushed to rearrange the lounge. He aligned the sofas, tables and chairs like theater seating and wheeled the TV cart to the front. He couldn’t keep the grin off his face, even though he was certain he looked like the proverbial fool in love. This is going to be great.

“Popcorn!” Jeremy clapped his hands once. Shuffling toward the door, he scooted the standing lamp next to the light switch and headed for the lobby of the hospital. He bought popcorn from the vendor, Milk Duds from the gift shop, and two Cokes from the break room then returned to the lounge.

A quick look at his watch and he knew he was cutting it close. But this had to be perfect. Just like when we first met. Jeremy loaded the DVD player, turned off the overhead lights, and waited patiently by the lamp.

A few moments later, the door opened and Jonathan walked into the dimly lit room. “What the hell?”

Jeremy slipped out into the glow of the lamp, gently wrapped a hand around Jon’s arm and pulled him closer under the radiant light.

“My handsome man.” Jeremy extended his free hand, loosely gripping the lamp post, following its length with his fingers. “Remember the lamppost where we first met?” He swept his arm to encompass the room. “And the movie theater for our first date?”

“Jeremy, you are so thoughtful. I love you very much.” Jonathan spoke softly, holding back the tears welling up in his eyes. “Of course I remember. You’ve always been my romantic lover boy. And four years later, it just gets better and better.”

Jeremy’s mouth parted slightly as he leaned into Jon. Their lips locked with an intense heat and breathy sighs filled the room.

Jeremy broke the kiss, hovering close enough to share a breath. “It’s show time.”

Jonathan twined his fingers into Jeremy’s under the dim light, just has he done on their first date in front of their hometown movie house.

Leading Jon to the first row, Jeremy sat, then stretched to push play on the entertainment center. He snagged the small table holding their drinks and snacks with his foot, pulling it close. He snuggled in close to his dearest love and cherished friend.

Jeremy sucked the popcorn into his mouth, licking at Jon’s fingers, promising a treat of his own later. The flare of desire in his lover’s pale blue eyes ensured him that Jon got the message. “Happy anniversary, my dearest love.”

~The End~

Awww…how sweet? Jonathan is so selfless and Jeremy understands. Those are some special boys. They deserve a movie treat and much much more. I wonder what happens when they get home…Well, we’ll just have to find out sometime, won’t we?

But, first we have to see what the rest of Story Orgy has been up to. C’mon…follow me.






2 comments: