Monday, April 2, 2012

Story Orgy Monday: Even Steven part 13 (The Final Chapter)

 
Hidy hidy, e'erbody! Are you ready for your April showers? I say, "Bring it on!" 

Okay, I'm going to be totally honest here. I have been extremely busy trying to keep my head above water with classes and deadlines and blah blah blah. So, I'm stealing my introduction from my muse, Em Woods.  Yep, that’s right. I'm copying and pasting right from her blog. What? I told her I was goin' to. Besides, she has a terrific blurb that goes with her new release! Thank you, my sweet muse! See? Now it's not so bad, huh? Check it out!

Her new release The Scared Stiff Collection: Flying High. You can go here to find it…

Blurb:

Sometimes mate bonds can be damned inconvenient. And sometimes they can be the lifesaving when a murderer sets his sights on one of the pair. 

As if life isn’t tough enough for a half Butterfly-half Fae shifter, Tate is thrown for a loop when his mate turns out to be a reclusive Lynx shifter. 

Cain is focused on tracking his brother’s killer, so stumbling across his mate at the same time he finds the murderer isn’t in his plans. 

 Sparks fly between the two men but neither wants to cave too soon to a fated-mate bond. When a serial murderer who targets shifters comes after Cain, the halfling must call up powers he rarely uses to save them both.

And of course Lee Brazil has his new release, Mark’s Opening Gambit, coming out on Friday…you can hop over to our Story Orgy blog to find out all about it! You can go here…

So, now on to the prompt of the week: “One thing I have to say.” And of course the delicious bit of man-candy that Jade dug up for us! {I even stole that from my muse too. Thank you, Princess Jade!}



Even Steven

(the final chapter)

 

by

 

JR Boyd 


Steven chitchatted outside with his dad while firing up the grill, occasionally trying to catch a peep of Braden through the kitchen window. But the glare from the sun shot that all to hell. “When is Mom going to be home?” Steven asked, scraping the burnt drippings off the rack as the flames threatened to burn him. 

“Anytime now I’d imagine. The store is just around the corner.” His dad replied with a smirk. “How’re you and Braden doing?” 

“Ouch!” Steven jerked from the lively flames.

“Watch it, son. Hot.” 

“Very funny, Dad.” Warmth spread through Steven’s cheeks as they flushed. 

“C’mon son. It’s obvious you boys are close. You both shine like brand new light bulbs when the other enters the room. Always have.” 

Steven walked around the grill, avoiding the smoke and shifting breeze. He sighed. There was this one last bit of something that kept him a little held back. “Honestly, Dad? He deserves so much more than I can ever give him.” 

“Bullshit!” His dad's tone emanated on a harsh whisper. “Don’t ever believe that for one damn minute.”

“But–”

“But nothin’. Now, go get them steaks.” Dad ordered. 

Steven’s stomach knotted, but he knew his dad was right. Braden loved him for whom and what he was. That’s all that mattered. He nodded and headed into the kitchen, passing Braden in the door.

“One thing I have to say.” Braden leaned in close and looked deep into Steven's eyes. “Everyone deserves love. Even Steven."

<<The End>>

I hope you liked the story. I know it needs a bit of work, but I have some great plans for it in the future. Keep your eyes peeled for up and coming attractions! Wonder what the others wrote about? You can find them here...nice and easy like...c'mon, I'll go with you. CLICK...

3 comments:

  1. Awwwwh, that was sweet, JR! Great moment with Steven and his dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done- now I need to read it all through, all at once and enjoy it without the tension of waiting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved it! Nice wrap up, and great that Steven's parents are so accepting. :)

    ReplyDelete