Monday, August 29, 2011

Story Orgy Monday - Sweet Meet part 5


Happy Story Orgy Monday! It's been a very busy week for me, but it's now behind me, another seven days that I can cross off the calendar.

After a brief vacation, I would like to welcome the SO illustration guru. Jade Basier, you were missed greatly during your short leave of absence and I am ecstatic to have you back in my virtual arms *wiggles with excitement, grips and squeezes my Princess' assets*. Thank for your considerable talent in bringing the SO stories to life with such gorgeous imagery.  

Before we move on to part five of my story Man Meet, please join me in extending a wealth of warm well-wishes to the hurricane victims on the East Coast. I certainly hope that all are safe from harm's way and Irene did not leave too much destruction in her wake.

Now, I present to you Man Meet part five. This week you will find out why Oscar and Elias were so abruptly interrupted last week. My fellow orgiasts have goodies for us too. When we get to the end of this story, we will simply hop on over to their blogs via the nifty links provided *scroll…scroll…scroll* down yonder.

And, without further ado…

Man Meet part five

Marta blew into her cup of hot tea as she peered over the rim. "You boys should really be more careful. You can give an old lady a heart attack."

"You're the one who barged in on us." Elias matched his mother's stare before shifting his gaze to meet Oscar's across the table.   

"You gave me a key, darling." Elias's mother retorted and looked at Oscar. "So. Your name is Oscar. I've heard a lot about­ you."

"Oh really?" Smiling, Oscar looked everywhere but at Elias's mom until his gaze finally fell back on Elias. "Do tell. What all did you hear about—"

"More importantly, what is so important that you felt you should use your copy of my house key?" Elias quickly changed the subject, his voice cracking with his nerves.

"Oh darling. Don't be embarrassed." Laughter twinkled in Marta's eyes as she continued to watch him over the rim of the tea cup. She lowered her tea to the table, a small smile curving her lips. "My dearest Elias, You are so cute when you blush."   

Elias's cheeks felt like they were on fire. He pushed from the table and rose to his feet, not sure of what to say next. He had to maintain his composure. Of all the people in the world, his mother was the only one who could make him feel like he was still a child. Elias shifted his stance from one foot to the other, then back again before walking to the kitchen sink. He stared at the pool through the window.

"I love you very much, Mother. But you cannot keep using your key as if you live here. That is for emergencies. Now, why are you here?" Needing a release valve, Elias turned sarcastic.

"Elias. Come sit, please. Calm down." Oscar's calm tone soaked into Elias's skin, soothed his agitated nerves, and reeled him back in from the edge.

"Come on, sweetie. Sit back down." Marta chimed in. "Let me tell you why I'm here and then I'll get out of your hair. I'm sorry for intruding."

Elias's stomach always wrenched when his mother apologized for something. After all these years, Elias still couldn't let things go though. Until it was too late. Now he had to deal with the guilt of not staying calm.

Why do I always let you get to me? Elias rounded the table, giving his mother a peck on the cheek on the way back to his chair. Elias automatically sought out Oscar, needed to gauge his reaction. The sadness in Oscar's eyes tightened the knots in Elias's stomach.

"I'm sorry for getting upset, Mom." Elias reached to the center of the table, palm up. Though he talked to his mother, he also sought understanding from Oscar. The one who had stolen Elias's heart.

The touch of Oscar's hand, along with a warm smile, was all Elias needed to snap him back to his senses. Elias had never seen things more clearly. He knew exactly what he needed to do.

I have to do whatever it takes to show this man we can make this work.
     
"You boys are so damn cute. Except for when you're poking at each other's butts." Marta's remark caught Elias off guard.

Elias jerked his head to Marta, shocked at his mother's boldness.

"What? I'm still considering going home and bleaching my eyes." Marta kept egging Elias on.

"I'm starting to see where you get your courage." Oscar's eyes narrowed.

"Please, Mother. Why are you here?"

"Okay, okay. Fine. I'm here because I don't know what to do, Elias." The sudden edginess in her voice was new, intriguing. Elias studied her, watching her fidget with the handle on the teacup in front of her. "So there is something going on. Tell me." Elias reached his free hand out to his mother.

Putting her trembling hand in Elias's, Marta continued to beat around the bush, poking fun at whatever she could. "Oh look. Just what I needed. A séance."

His mother was riding on Elias's last nerve. With a heavy sigh he brought her back to his question. "Mother! Quit stalling. What's going on?"

"I don't qualify for my full Social Security benefits for another year and I don't know if I can keep up with my bills."

Elias wasn't sure if it was anxiety, anger, fear or shame. Maybe all four. But Marta's hands started to shake in earnest and tears welled up in her eyes. Elias couldn't bear to see his mother cry. Ever since his father abandoned the family, Elias had held a soft spot in his heart for a crying woman. Especially his mother. Apparently, Oscar had a soft spot too.

"Ms. Cardoza, please don't cry. It will work out. You'll see." Oscar extended his arm, offering compassion. Marta took his hand.

Elias grinned. "Now it's a séance."

One sharp look from his mother and Elias knew he had crossed the line.

"Are you mocking me?" The lasers from Marta's eyes could cut diamonds.

Oscar chuckled, slicing through the tension in the room. "Ms. Cardoza. He gets it from you."

Elias felt his mother's grip tighten. And from the look in Oscar's eyes, Marta was squeezing his hand just the same.

"Mother." Elias shook his hand free as he cocked his head. "Please. Calm down. I might have a solution."

"That sounds pretty promising to me. Can I get you more tea Ms. Cardoza?" Oscar slipped his hand from Marta's grip.

As Oscar eased the cozy off the teapot, Elias continued with his suggestion.

"Mom. I have a teammate who might be able to help. He knows all about Social Security benefits. That's what he does for a living." Elias glanced at Oscar, and then back to his mother. "His name is Sergio."

No sooner than Sergio's name fell from Elias's lips, the shattering of the teapot echoed off the linoleum floor and the paneled walls. "Sergio? You can't be fucking serious."

 "I do think it's time for me to go. I'll see my own way out." Marta kissed Elias on the cheek as she exited the room, waving her finger in the air. "It was very nice to meet you, Oscar."

---

I'll be damned. Marta actually thought that she could justify barging in on the boys with an issue with qualifying for Social Security? And what the hell, Elias? Sergio? Really? *Throws hands in the air* What next!? My boys really need to find a way to release some of this mounting tension, huh? *ahem*

Okay, enough of that. Let's go see what my fellow orgiasts wrote about this week. C'mon. Follow me. Don't be shy…*clickety click click*

3 comments:

  1. Oooh he is just asking for trouble! Great installment and cant wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay....I think you need mid week installments to keep up with the drama, too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me and Elias need to talk...just sayin'. *taps foot*

    ReplyDelete